Reservations highly encouraged online or by calling 503.234.8888
Wednesday, December 24
Thursday, December 25
Wednesday, December 31
“Beer glorious beer. Sing the praises of the first man to take barley and ferment the results now known as beer. Tip a cold pilsner to that unknown brewer. Give thanks to the beer god. I know not what course others may take but as for me… give me another beer!” – John Walentik
Happy Holidays from our family to yours! – The Bazi Team
Join us Thursday, December 18 from 7-9 PM for an Affligem Tasting Event.
Affligem was founded in 1074 and is considered one of the original abbey breweries. Learn the history of the brewery, the beers and serving ritual using the Affligem tasting tray – all while tasting four of their most popular styles – Blonde, Dubbel, Noel & Cuvee. Each beer serving will consist of 1-12 oz pour (Blonde) and 3-8 oz pours (Dubbel, Noel and Cuvee). At the end of the event, guests will be able to take the tasting tray and corresponding glassware home with them. Keep it for yourself or re-gift it!
Note: A suggested food pairing menu will be made available for guests choosing to dine with us that evening. Additional fees apply.
This event is limited to 20 guests. $24 per person (includes gratuity). Tickets can be purchased online at Eventbrite or by calling 503.234.8888.
- La Tormenta: 6% ABV, Experimental sour ale hopped entirely with a unique hop blend including Amarillo, Galaxy and Equinox. Tart sour notes combine beautifully with tropical and citrusy hop flavors in this sweet, hoppy and tart beer.
- New World Bruin: 9% ABV, West Coast interpretation of a Flanders Red, this beer features a blend of old & young barrel aged sour beer.
- Bricolage: Pale Farmhouse with Brett
- Du Cidre: 4.9% ABV, A deliciously tart, spiced apple ale brewed with fresh pressed apple cider. fermented in primary with yeast harvested from French cider bottles and then conditioned with brettanomyces bruxellensis.
- Country Blonde: 7.2% ABV, Straw-colored, wheaten saison conditioned on Gewurztraminer grapes and a blend of wild yeast and bacteria that includes three strains of Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus.
- Brett Saison: 6.3% ABV, Hazy and rustic farmhouse ale brewed with three different strains of wild yeast; complex notes of spice, minerals, grass, and tropical fruit. Our first foray into beers made with our house blend of wild yeast and bacteria
- Wunder Brett: 7.7% ABV, Experimental blonde beer fermented 100% with Brettanomyces, conditioned on aged whole leaf hops, and blended with our Sour Golden ale.
- The Man Who Made Dessert: 6.4% ABV, Experimental biere de garde fermented entirely with Brettanomyces and aged on Turkish apricots. Perfumey, floral, and mellow with a nice body and hints of fruit.
- Brett Rye IPA: 7.7% ABV, The most experimental of this year’s anniversary beers, our director of brewing operations Jacob Leonard designed a rye IPA and fermented it entirely with Brettanomyces, the non-traditional yeast that produces intense pineapple, leather, and “funky” flavors coupled with the intense citrus and fruity notes of Simcoe and Amarillo hops, this beer is unlike any IPA you’ve likely ever tried.
Reservations are highly encouraged and can be made online or by calling 503.234.8888. Minors are welcomed.
We will be open on Sunday, November 30 from 5-9 PM for the MLS Western Championship Match between the LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders. Happy Hour specials through the end of the match. At 8:30 PM we will be decorating the Bazi holiday tree and opening a 3L bottle of Samiclaus for all to enjoy.
On Thursday, November 20th from 7-10 PM come and celebrate everything Portland has to offer in the way of web series – to name a few, Mad House, The Screenprinters, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl Network, Fart Knocker Boner Squad – and more!
Feel good and donate canned goods or cash for the Oregon Food Bank and gain a swag bag from Mad House, including coupons for local businesses, party worthy glow sticks, and a raffle ticket for prizes to be raffled off throughout the eve
ning. SO BRING CANNED GOODS right in time for Thanksgiving to support those in need locally in Portland.
This is a release party and NOT A SCREENING, so it will be completely informal (sorta like web series) and radstastic. We’ll show an episode of each web series at some random point throughout the evening on Bazi’s amazing 114″ HDTV.
Mad House will have its internet debut on November 28th on The Haunting of Sunshine Girl Network, and this is a way to see the first couple episodes a week before the big release.
Raise a glass at Bazi on Thursday, November 13 from 5-10 PM with other Belgian beer aficionados around the globe as we join the 4th Annual National Coast to Coast Toast celebration. More than 700 bars and restaurants participated in last year’s events.
Leading to the official toast at 8 PM, Bazi will be celebrating with a special 4-Taster Beer Tray featuring some of the top beers in the Vanberg & Dewulf portfolio. This year we will be highlighting Brasserie Dubuisson Scaldis, Scaldis Noel, Scaldis Prestige de Nuits, and Scaldis Cuvee des Troll. The taster tray will be available for $15 and each beer consists of 5 oz pours.
About the beers:
Scaldis Prestige de Nuits 2009: 13% ABV, cask-conditioned strong ale aged in Cotes de Nuits burgundy barrels is the best marriage of beer and wood. A perfect 100 on RateBeer and BeerAdvocate four years running from a brewery that’s been in operation longer than Belgium has been a country. Only night that this beer will be available by the glass. Retails for $68 a bottle.
Scaldis Noel: 12% ABV, warm and inviting without being too sweet, flavors of malt, caramel and nuts with a touch of dry spice on the finish.
Scaldis Ultra Strong Ale: 12% ABV, chewy but nutty maltiness and a superb balance of clean, dry aromatic hoppiness in the finish. Scaldis has earned a Gold Medal at the World Beer Championship.
Scaldis Cuvee des Trolls: 7% ABV, blonde Belgian flavored flavored with orange peel, aromas of apple custard tart, crisp dry medium-to-full body. Scaldis has earned a Silver Medal at the World Beer Championship.