Posted by hilda on November 4, 2013
Who wants to be at the stadium on Thursday, November 7 to watch the Timbers “Gut The FISH!”?
Join us Monday (Nov 4) through Wed (Nov 6) and for every $20 you spend, get a raffle ticket to win 2 tickets to the Timbers Army Section to watch the Timbers take on the Seattle Sounders. Drawing will take place around 7 PM on Wednesday, November 6th following the New York Red Bulls match against the Houston Dynamo. Need not be present to win. We will contact you Wednesday night and arrange a time for you to swing by Bazi to pick up your tickets.
Pick a day and join us for Happy Hour or dinner. It pays to eat and drink at Bazi!
Posted by hilda on October 16, 2013
Could you hit a home run against a Monk in a Tripel Belgian beer blind taste test? Bazi (1522 SE 32nd Ave) and Beercycling.com invite you to take the ultimate blind taste test challenge on Thursday, October 24 from 7-9 PM.
You’ll get to experience seven Tripel beers including De Garre, Chimay, Westmalle, Tripel Karmeliet, La Trappe, the super rare De Ryck and a secret surprise beer.
Pick your favorites, learn about cycling in Belgium, and win some sweet prizes courtesy of our host from Beercycling.com
$22 for 7 – 5 oz tasters plus raffle tickets for beercycling swag. Only 20 seats are available and advance ticket purchases can be made through tripelplay.eventbrite.com
Posted by hilda on October 15, 2013
Artisinal Imports bring you Kwaktoberfest during the entire month of October and a special celebration on Wednesday, October 30th from 6-9 PM featuring a tasting tray with Bosteels Brewery three famous beers: Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet and DeuS. 5 oz samples of each for only $15 including a souvenir Kwak glass while supplies last. This is your opportunity to try the infamous DeuS, available only in 750 ml Dom Perignon bottles.
How to WIN Kwak swag:
- Every time you order a Kwak beverage, you will be entered for weekly prizes – hats, polo shirts and take home glassware.
- Kwak away during every Ducks game! Order the Quattro for only $28 during every Ducks game in October and take a Kwak glass home as a souvenir plus raffle tickets for our weekly Kwak swag.
- Attend our Kwaktoberfest celebration on Wednesday, October 30th during our final party. Raffles will take place every half hour starting at 6:30 PM. Order the tasting tray for only $15 and take a Kwak glass home plus a big chance to win a Quattro.
About the beers for the tasting event on October 30th:
- Deus undergoes a lengthy, costly maturation in the Champagne caves of France. The elegant and labor-intensive “methode Champenoise” produces the best sparkling beverages in the world. DeuS has characteristics of both sparkling wine (fine, velvety carbonation) and specialty beer (rich maltiness) but also exhibits a fragrant, herbal and spicy character quite unique and special. Flavors of anise, mint, malt, lavender, and a barely perceptible hoppiness make DeuS a very sophisticated treat. Only available in 750 ml bottles.
- Kwak is rich amber in color with a slightly sweet, generously malty character. Hops are subdued, but present a well-considered balance with the juicy ripeness of grain and a fruity, meringue softness.
- Brewed with oats, barley and wheat, Tripel Karmeliet has soft, full, rich grain character with hints of banana, vanilla, and a slight, pleasing bubble-gum aroma. A restrained hop bitterness offers perfect balance and a gentle counterpart to its substantial maltiness. World’s Best Ale 2008.
No tricks here, just treats and lots of them!!!! So give the Kwak a try, after all, the glass is half the fun!
Posted by hilda on October 14, 2013
Join the Old Growth Futbol Club on Tuesday, October 15 as they send off the USMNT team off to WC2014 in style while supporting OGFC and Timbers Army community efforts.
- USMNT viewing is FREE!
- Buy a PINT of Green & Gold Kolsch for $6 and receive a PTFC/Widmer pint glass
- Refill your new pint glass for only $4
- Raffle for OGFC swag: scarves, kits and other gear
- 50/50 pool to guess when the keg of Green and Gold blows
…and much, much more!
*OGFC PINTS, RAFFLE & 50/50 POOL ARE CASH ONLY*
Event starts at 6 PM with kickoff at 6:30 PM, so come early, find a great seat and enjoy some great drinks and food.
Posted by hilda on September 27, 2013
Join the Lompoc brewers for a tap takeover on Thursday, October 10 from 6-9 PM. We will be featuring 5 of Lompoc’s Belgian-style beers including a special keg of 2010 Franc’ly Brewdolph, originally created for the Holiday Ale Festival.
Here’s the lineup:
2010 Franc’ly Brewdolph: 7.6% ABV, aged for 14 months in cabernet franc barrels, red ale style, malty and creamy body.
Saison the Beach: 5.4% ABV, amber color, spice and floral flavors, grapefruit zest, candied ginger, black peppercorns, crisp finish.
Forbidden Fruit: 5.9% ABV, collaboration with Bazi for their 2nd year anniversary in May 2013, saison brewed with 64 lbs of black currant, ruby golden color, white lasting head, fruity aroma and taste, tart finish.
Cellar D’or: 4.9% ABV, bright gold, small white head, tropical fruit notes, hint of clove, herbal hops, dry finish.
L’alerte Rouge: 5.2% ABV, Belgian style red, aromas of tropical fruit and spicy Belgian yeast. Medium-bodied with sweet caramel malt flavors balanced by spicy hops. Dry, refreshing finish with moderate hop bitterness.
Tasting tray includes 5 – 5 oz pours for $9.
Posted by hilda on September 4, 2013
We bleed green, and that includes the Oregon Ducks too. Click on our Events page for the latest schedule on Duck football viewings.
The first scheduled viewing will be Saturday, September 7. Doors open at Noon with kickoff at 12:30 PM. The bar will be open with a food cart takeover. We invite you to order brunch/lunch from the food carts across the street. Our kitchen will open at 3 PM as usual. Go Ducks!
Posted by hilda on September 4, 2013
The journey continues for the US Men’s National Team as they enter the Hex. We’ll be showing the following matches in September on the big screen and with surround sound.
Friday, September 6 at 7 PM vs Costa Rica
Tuesday, September 10 at 5 PM vs Mexico
Posted by hilda on September 2, 2013
We’ll be closed Sunday and Monday so that our employees can enjoy the fruit of their labor. Regular operations will resume on Tuesday, September 3rd. Happy Labor Day!
Posted by hilda on August 27, 2013
We had an issue with our reservation system today (Tuesday, August 27). If you made a reservation prior to today at 4 PM, please call us at 503-234-8888 to confirm your reservation. There was no issue with Saturday’s reservations for the Thorns match. RCTID
Posted by hilda on August 27, 2013
On Saturday, August 31 at 5 PM, the Western New York Flash will host the Portland Thorns at Sahlen’s Stadium in a battle for the inaugural National Women’s Soccer League championship. Bazi will be hosting a viewing party with surround sound. Happy Hour food and drink specials will run through the end of the match, including the ever popular Thornrita – a margarita with pomegranate puree.
So that we can reconfigure the main floor, reservations are encouraged by calling 503-234-8888. Seating will be set-up communal style. This is an all ages event, please specify if minors will be in your party. Reservations will close at noon on Wednesday, August 28 or until floor seats are full.
There are 25 seats at the bar for first-come, first-serve plus there are another 10 seats outside the garage door with views of the big screen. If you miss the reservation window, we encourage you to arrive 60 minutes prior to kick-off. All unclaimed reserved seats are up for grabs at 5 minutes to kick-off. GO THORNS!