Posted by hilda on April 25, 2016
The Blazers are taking over the big screen with sound for the first round of playoffs. Here’s everything you wanted to know about food and drink specials, and how to secure the best seats in the house.
Sunday, April 17 at 7:30 PM – All Sunday Happy Hour with food ranging $3-9, $3 Stella tallboy cans, well drinks $3.5, $5 house wine, $5 game cocktail, and selected beer $1 off.
Wednesday, April 20 at 7:30 PM – It’s appetizer Wednesday! Purchase one appetizer/small plate at full price get second of equal or lesser value at half-price. Plus $3 Stella tallboy cans, $4 game beer and $5 game cocktail.
Saturday, April 23rd at 7:30 PM – $3 Stella tallboy cans, $4 game beer, and $5 game cocktail.
Monday, April 25th at 7:30 PM – It’s Mussels Monday! 1 lb of mussels, fries and beer of the day for $15. Plus $3 Stella Tallboy cans, $4 game beer and $5 game cocktail.
Wednesday, April 27th at 7:00 PM – It’s appetizer Wednesday! Purchase one appetizer/small plate at full price get second of equal or lesser value at half-price. Plus $3 Dortmund tallboy cans, $4 game beer and $5 game cocktail.
Friday, April 29th at 7:30 PM – $3 Dortmunder Lager tallboy cans, $4 game beer, and $5 game cocktail.
Happy Hour available til 7 PM everyday so arrive early, grab a seat and enjoy the playoffs! Minors are welcomed and reservations are encouraged if wanting to have a table in the main dining area.
Posted by hilda on April 21, 2016
Celebrate Dutch King’s Day on Tuesday, April 26 from 5-9 PM.
Each year at the end of April the Dutch celebrate their King. It’s a day of parties, orange clothing and—charmingly—yard sales!
On Tuesday, wear ORANGE – the color of royalty – and come experience a special Dutch tasting tray from La Trappe along with a special visit from their Brewmaster. It’s not every day that a Dutch brewer makes an appearance in Portland.
La Trappe is one of only ten Trappist breweries in the world allowed to carry the logo “Authentic Trappist Product”. This logo guarantees authenticity, recipe, tradition and, in the case of La Trappe, a thriving working relationship between monastery and brewery. These world-class beers have been brewed at the Cistercian Abbey of Onze Lieve Vrouw van Koningshoeven since 1884.
The Dutch sampler trays will be available for $12. Each flight consists of 4 – 5 oz pours.
Complimentary “King’s Day” t-shirts will be available with every Dutch sampler tray purchase while supplies last. Expect orange beads, crown’s fit for a Queen or King, bottle openers, plus other swag.
Posted by hilda on April 21, 2016
As we prepare for some match/game overlaps, here’s the priority of the big screen with sound for Saturday, April 23.
5:00 PM Timbers 2 vs Tulsa Roughnecks – Additional projector for live stream)
5:30 PM Thorns vs Kansas City FC – Big screen with sound and bar TV
7:30 PM Blazers vs Clippers – Big Screen with sound and bar TV
Reservations. If making reservations for Thorns, please let us know if you will be staying for Blazers game. If making reservations for Blazers please be aware that we will be in the middle of a transition and ask that you arrive as close to the game as possible. Be prepared with cash or a two credit card per table to expedite service.
We appreciate everyone’s assistance in transitioning from futbol to basketball in a timely fashion. Minors welcomed til end of Blazers game. RCTID – RIP CITY – BAON PDX
Posted by hilda on April 14, 2016
Democratic debates resume Thursday, April 14 at 6 PM. Live with sound on the big screen. Minors welcomed until 9 PM every night.
Posted by hilda on April 11, 2016
Celebrate that tax season is over and join Almanac Beer Company for Happy Hour and a special tasting event featuring 5 of their beers on draft:
- Farmer’s Reserve Pluot: 7% ABV, sour blonde ale aged in wine barrels with pluots from California Central Valley.
- Apricot De Breattaville: 7% ABV, farmhouse ale aged in wine barrels with apricots from California’s Joaquin Valley.
- Golden Gate Gose: 5% ABV, tart wheat ale brewed with lemon verbena, coriander, and San Francisco Bay sea salt.
- Saison Dolores: 6.8% ABV, crisp dry-hopped California saison brewed with locally grown rye and wheat.
- IPA: 7.5% ABV, West Coast IPA hopped with Citra, Simcoe, and Cascade.
A tasting tray of all 5 beers will be available for $15 – 5 oz pours of each.
Posted by hilda on April 5, 2016
Join the American Outlaws Portland Chapter as we cheer on the USWNT in preparation for the Olympics. Doors open at 10:30 AM on Sunday, April 4 for USWNT vs Colombia. Come enjoy our brunch menu which includes authentic Belgian waffles and drink specials. This is a family friendly event!
Posted by hilda on March 25, 2016
Doors will open at 2:30 PM on Saturday, March 26 for the Oregon Ducks vs Oklahoma March Madness game. Enjoy Happy Hour until 7 PM. Minors are welcomed until 9 PM.
Posted by hilda on March 21, 2016
Celebrate Orval Day on Saturday, March 26 with us and hundreds of bars around the nation.
Orval was the first Brett beer to land on US shores, and has become the favorite beer for many star American brewers.
A portion of the proceeds from Orval Day will be donated to MAP International, a global health and relief organization that provides vaccinations to those in need.
Following the Monastery tradition of Hope and Health, Bazi has also chosen to donate a portion of proceeds to fellow Timbers Army and American Outlaws member, Morgan who is a brain cancer survivor and continues to receive treatment at Doernbecker hospital. While he is currently cancer free, Morgan’s second tumor was on his pituitary gland and he will forever be on hormonal replacement therapy.
Posted by hilda on March 3, 2016
Join Global Beer Network importers on Tuesday, March 15th from 6-9 PM for the Hommel Invasion with Master Brewer Danny Dieussaert.
Brouwerij Van Eecke traces its origins back to 1629. The water comes from its own well under the brewery. The malts are bought in Northern France (the border is only 5 minutes away), and the hops are bought locally. The brewery uses only their own yeast-strains, cultivated in their laboratory.
Poperings Hommel Ale is the most famous and best selling beer of the brewery. It has been named “The 100 Best Beers in the World” by Men’s Journal Magazine and the “Top 25 Hop Beers in the World” by Thrillist 2014 (only Belgian beer listed). The Hommel ale is so unique that it has gained a large international customer base. Unlike American IPAs, Hommel bier highlights the elegant floral aromas of Hallertau and East Kent Goldings hops. Along with a few secret hops, this brew is rounded out with notes of citrus, honey and cumin seed. The re-fermentation in the bottle adds an extra dimension to the beer with a round mouth-feel, a full bodied and flowery aroma, with an alcohol strength of 7.5 %.
The Hommel Tasting Sampler will consist of the Hommel Golden Belgian Ale and Pop Hommel Dry Hopped on draft as well as bottles of the 2014 Fresh Hop and 2015 Fresh Hop. The tasting tray will be available for $12 and consist of 5 oz pours of each of the four beers. Bottles of the special edition 2014 and 2015 Fresh Hop will be available for purchase and Danny from the brewery will be on-site to sign them.
Posted by hilda on March 2, 2016
It’s daylight savings time! Spring forward to Bazi on Sunday, March 13th from 1-9 PM for a farmhouse ale tap takeover featuring domestic and imported Belgian inspired beers. The beer lineup includes:
- Drinking Horse Silk Rose Saison (Oregon): 5% ABV, light bodied and highly carbonated saison seasoned with peel from Meyer lemons and whole ginger root.
- Agrarian Winter Saison (Oregon): 8% ABV, aromas of spice and stone fruit, dry yet rich.
- Ruse Brewing Saison (Oregon): 4.8% ABV, a light bodied and dry modern farmhouse ale, dry hopped with crystal and cascade hops.
- Baerlic Wildcat Meyer Lemon Farmhouse Ale (Oregon): 5.3% ABV, farmhouse ale with meyer lemon, fruity, tart and slightly funky.
- Sasquatch Sister Skookum Imperial Saison (Oregon): 8.5% ABV, debuted at the Holiday Ale Festival, high octane Saison made with Rosehips and Grains of Paradise giving it a nice floral aroma and perfectly sweetened flavor.
- Culmination Sai What? Dark Saison (Oregon): 5.5% ABV, dry and drinkable with layers of chocolate, tropical fruit and saison esters.
- North Rim Saison (Oregon): 6.6% ABV, slight fruit and spice flavors that are sure to please.
- Du Bocq Saison 1858 (Belgium): 6.6% ABV, named “World’s Best Saison” World Beer Awards, 2013 and Gold Medal recipient at the World Beer Championship 2014 Gold Medal, 94 Points and Top-Rated Saison, World Beer Championships, May 2014.
- Saison Dupont (Belgium): 6.5% ABV, straw color, dense creamy head, estery with citrus and spice notes. Named 100 Beers to Try Before You Die.
- BFM 225 (Switzerland): 5% ABV, the little sister of the Bon-Chien, a slighlty sour and bitter rustical saison aged in oak barrels for about 4-5 months.
- Glazen Toren Saison D’Erpe-Mere Gerookt (Belgium): 6.9% ABV, cloudy, pale yellow color with a white head, smoky, lemon citrus aroma, mild bitterness, well carbonated.
- And more
Sampler trays will be available for purchase. The domestic flight will be available for $8 and the import flight for $12. Each flight consists of 4 – 5 oz pours. Pick one flight or try them side by side. And don’t forget our all Sunday Happy Hour is back, so come thirsty and hungry!